Does this happen to anyone else? iTunes window in Leopard weirdness.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by TheSpaz, Jul 4, 2008.

1. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

A few times a day this strange thing happens to me in iTunes and it gets rather annoying after a while. Here's what happens:

I'll miniaturize my iTunes window into the smaller player using the green "zoom" button and the Window will get STUCK to my cursor and the only way to get it unstuck is to click the Desktop. Then iTunes is inactive, but when I click on the Window again to activate it, it stays inactive and will not come to the front. Then, sometimes when I press pause or stop while iTunes is in the background, it will quickly pause for a second and then continue to play again even though I only clicked once. Then I have to dance around and click various things or quit iTunes and restart it to make it behave normally again. This only started happening in Leopard and no update yet has fixed it.

Anyone else have weird iTunes window bug?

Note: I said "window bug" and not "Windows™ bug"

Edit: It's doing it now: I ONLY have it miniaturized and if I click play or pause while the iTunes window is inactive, it just quickly reverts back. If it's paused, it will flicker play for a nano-second and if it's playing, it will flicker pause for a nano-second.... grrrrr.

Edit 2: After quitting iTunes and running it again, it works correctly again, but when I visit the iTunes Music Store, then click on "Music" and then try it, the strangeness comes back... what??? Also, I just realized that it doesn't matter if it's in the background or the foreground, the play and pause button will still not work while I have the window miniaturized.

2. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Hi Spaz, at least for me no issues. I click the green button in iTunes and it miniaturizes fine and doesn't stick to the cursor. No issues with losing focus and recovering it either. You may wanna reset PRAM.

3. michaeldouma macrumors newbie

Same iTunes window attachment and focus problems

Yes. I have had similar problems for a few weeks. I have experienced the occasional problem (both minimized and full) where the window gets stuck to the cursor position, and a click on the desktop is needed to release.

A related, annoying problem, is that the minimized iTunes window often fails to accept mouse inputs if it is NOT the focus. I need to click twice, once to bring the minimized iTunes to the forefront, and again on the widget. This is inconsistent, but is needed 9 out of 10 times.

I have not seen discussion of this problem elsewhere.

Michael

4. TheSpaz thread starter macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Sounds exactly like what's happening to me.

5. applefan69 macrumors 6502a

applefan69

Hmm that is certainly weird.

If I were u guys I'd use Appzapper to delete iTunes (to make sure it doesnt leave any iTunes system files lying around in the library folder) BUT make sure it doesnt delete your music. (You music is kept in the /users/*yourname*/music/itunes/itunes music/ folder. Just make sure nothing from there is deleted.

NEXT go www.apple.com/itunes

manually download the latest iTunes, and install it, as if you never had iTunes on your computer in the first place.

Dont worry after installation iTunes should automatically import all the music it finds, so you wont lose any music. Hopefully iTunes should act regularily now.

6. WPB2 macrumors 6502a

WPB2

try the shift+option+command, power off. that should do the trick.

7. WPB2 macrumors 6502a

WPB2