Does this happen when anyone else charges their iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nickspohn, Aug 8, 2008.

1. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

We have 2 3G iPhones in our house. We both charge ours on different desks. For some odd reason though, my charger acts insane sometimes. (Keyword is sometimes, about 60% of the time) If my charger is plugged into the wall my phone will act like its connecting and disconnecting. If it's on vibrate it will vibrate as if its being connected and being disconnected every 2 seconds. Same goes for when the sound is on, it will make that connect /disconnect noise.

Now the weird part is the fact that the other iPhone we have will charge fine when connected. YET, my iPhone charges fine when its plugged in the other charger that isn't mine, and also when it's plugged into the computer.

Is my charger possessed or what? Not sure how i'll explain this to a genius but i guess it's worth a try. :rolleyes:

2. mohicanspap macrumors regular

You might just want to buy a new charger. The one you have may have a bad wire in it. It's probably jolting your phone with random charges constantly and it can wear your battery.

3. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

+++
    the charger is bad, or you may have something stuck in in the pins...check for cat hair :)

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Hey Nick, That does sound weird. I've noticed that my email, text messages are coming in, and the same for the War Department, so it seems that our 3G iPhones never sleep. I would take the iPhone and the charger in for repair or replacement... :(

5. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Wow, how did you know he had a cat?!?!?!