Does this lock screen mod exist?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by rrandyy, Oct 28, 2010.

1. rrandyy macrumors 6502

I'm looking for a lock screen modification that does the following:

1. Allows me to add icons of the apps I use the most to the lock screen.
    2. Allows me to unlock the screen by dragging any of this icons to a single unlock location.
    3. Automatically launches that application after the screen has been unlocked.

When I unlock my phone, I do it with a purpose in mind. Calling/texting/safari/etc. Since 95% of my unlocks are for one of four or five apps, then this type of mod would be very useful. Does such a mod exist?

2. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

M QuickDo used to do that (mostly) I'm not sure if it's still supported.

3. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

Why dont you just get rid of the lock screen altogether?

4. rrandyy thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks! I'll try that.

1) I have a passcode on my phone. The wrong person having access to my e-mail, even for a few hours, could make my life very difficult. Although I realize the passcode isn't even close to being fool proof, it's better than nothing.

2) I keep the phone in my pocket. Without a lock screen, I would start calling all sorts of random people/running random apps.

5. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

no. the iPhone only responds to your fingers, not your jeans/pants. not only that, you can still LOCK the phone, once you unlock it it will go straight to the homescreen instead of a lockscreen.

6. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Not a criticism but that would be enough for me to keep from carrying my e-mail on a mobile device. Conversely, I like how Hotmail is configured: I read e-mails on the phone as they come in and then delete them. However they are not deleted from the server so I can go back and take further action. The net result is there are no Hotmail e-mails on my phone.

7. xavierpunkreno macrumors 6502

Where can I find mquickdo? Searched on cydia and nothing pops up.

8. iPhone Addict macrumors 6502

Try SwitcherPlus. It lets you access the multi-task bar at the bottom of the screen even when your screen is locked. You can choose Favorites to always be there and quickly jump to those apps as soon as you enter your passcode.

It's currently in beta, but you can find out about it here: http://forums.bitesms.com/forums/10/topics/3015

And I think it's available on Cydia already.

9. rrandyy thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks everyone.

My thought is if someone has access to my primary e-mail, they can reset the password on some of my other online accounts.