Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rk1228

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 29, 2008
Louisville
We have a new multi-feature open-end loan program called "Redi-Credit." I have three versions of a logo for this product and wonder if you read any of them as "Redi-Credit" or does it just look like "credit" in two colors?

Thanks!

Attachments

• RCLogo1.jpg
    RCLogo1.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 83
  • RCLogo2.jpg
    RCLogo2.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 58
  • RediCreditLogo3.jpg
    RediCreditLogo3.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 53

jampat

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2008
2 is much better than 1. I don't particularly like either one, but design isn't my thing so my position should be weighted accordingly.

MattSepeta

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2009
375th St. Y
Nope

Not at all. The green and the grey are painful together, and the reflection effect is also very difficult to take in quickly. I would go much much simpler.

juanm

macrumors 68000
May 1, 2006
Fury 161
It took me about three seconds to realize it's called Redi Credit. At first it seemed like a confusing reflection.

GSMiller

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2006
Kentucky
In its current form I find the logo a bit confusion (I too thought it was some sort of odd reflection). I think if it read from left to right instead of top to bottom, you could keep the same color scheme and it'd be a lot easier to understand at first glance.

wongulous

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2002
You are thinking creatively, but just not objectively/aesthetically. The reflection is too confusing, the font choice is no good, the mix of lowercase and caps looks juvenile/amateur, and the colors are too basic or ineffective. It kind of reminds me of something a sign shop might make. Additionally, all 3 are essentially the same logo slightly rearranged and don't show 3 potential ideas. Go back to the drawing board (literally, a sketch pad) and make 3 somethings that are simpler, friendlier, more custom, and less visual-punny, each going a more different direction. Then hash them out and you'll have 3 divergent options for you to either dismiss or to present to your client.

IgnatiusTheKing

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2007
Texas
attachment.php

I think this is the best starting point. Get rid of the reflection and play with the colors a little. Green and gray can work together, but both of these colors need tweaking to get there.

To reinforce that it's "Redi Credit" you might want to make your subtitle "REDI CREDIT LINE-OF-CREDIT" but, then again, that could be overkill.

jeremy h

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2008
UK
I just read it as redi with some decoration around it.

I'd just add that I think you're trying too hard to produce something that looks designed. (As a result you've over-designed and buried the idea).

If your idea is that the word credit contains the word redi then have the confidence to focus on that. Use colour and typography as subtly as you can to make that idea work.

Once you've done that - put it to one side and come up with some other alternatives

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.