Does this look right?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xleedaniel, Jul 15, 2009.

1. xleedaniel macrumors member

Hi guys, im sure there are thousands of threads here about this. but i was hoping someone can tell me if my battery is all right.

i have brightness set at 70%, push off, wifi off, location services off.
    the usage is texting, surfing the web, and just playing with the phone settings and such....

[​IMG]

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

3. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

On 3G? If so, then yes that looks like about what I get. I get about 2hrs or so of usage at 62% battery using 3G for talking or web surfing, but I have push email, contacts and apps on.

4. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

Yea ... seems a little low homie.

Try cycling your battery.

5. xleedaniel thread starter macrumors member

its a 16gb white 3gs. damn so after a few cycles if it continues to be like this.....could i go into an apple store and replace the battery? also i bought this at an at&t store....

6. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

Yea ... if you're not getting your 5 hours of talking, or 20 hours of MP3 (or whatever they promise) after a cycle or two, take it to an Apple Store.

7. darngooddesign macrumors G3

8. xleedaniel thread starter macrumors member

yupp i did. i topped it off, drained it, and topped it off. and this is it.
    the reason the talk time and other numbers are low is because i restored my iphone last night because of some errors...

9. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

Well, since you're working off a fresh restore, give it one more full cycle (from a wall charger) and if the issue persists - take 'er back.

10. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

Well I had 40% on mine after 2:34 minutes of talk time, but I have push, wifi and everything else on.

I still say if this is mostly from 3G surfing that it is fine. It really eats up the battery fast. I believe most tests had the phone getting just under 4 hours of 3G surf time and 5 hours of 3G talk time. He's only talked for 3 minutes, so he's surfing.

11. efp1 macrumors 6502

efp1

Seems about right to me. I get about 3-4 hours on my 3G. That's mostly just surfing and using apps and mail. Maybe a couple or few minutes of talk time. I have wifi on and push notifications.