Does this mean I'll get $99 gift card...

Sobe

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2007
Wash DC suburbs
the more interesting bit is that the $399 iPhone seems to be worth $830 to Apple over 2 years.

So basically a customer who buys and uses AT&T pays apple $830. Some of it is simply deferred and recouped on the backend not up front.

A customer who unlocks his phone pays Apple $400.

And I wonder why Apple would be against unlocking phones...

Comment

mets1125

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2007
Queens, NY
the more interesting bit is that the $399 iPhone seems to be worth $830 to Apple over 2 years.

So basically a customer who buys and uses AT&T pays apple $830. Some of it is simply deferred and recouped on the backend not up front.

Apple gets $18 a month from ATT for each iphone thats hooked up?? That seems a lot.:eek:

Comment

Madame Defarge

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2007
Bay Area

Exactly, though probably not in the way you mean. Name any phone that you have to pay $830 for unlocked? Apple is raking in the money on this. Consumer desires be damned.

Eventually, people will catch on, especially if the product has issues, like a negative black screen.

Comment

Sobe

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2007
Wash DC suburbs
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.