Does this mean my batter meter was WAY off?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fjrabon, Oct 17, 2011.

1. fjrabon macrumors regular

So, I'm fully powering down my iPhone 4S to calibrate the battery. I've been playing Pandora with the volume 3/4ths the way up on my phone over wifi. About an hour ago the battery indicator warned me I was at 10%.

Still going strong an hour later. LOL.

It always kind of amazes me how bad battery meters are.

2. synagence macrumors 6502a

Exactly the same .... except mine sat at 1% and stayed there ages despite playing music, using GPS etc

This is what i'm on now having fully recharged it, not spectacular i know but getting better

Attached Files:

3. SteadNedy macrumors newbie

I had a similarly disproportionate drainage when running the battery down to zero.

Took 6.5 hours from 2% to shutdown, that's on standby with wifi on and occasionaly checking and playing with settings.

4. oshia86 macrumors regular

I drained mine last night. I was at 31% when I got home at night. I then turned every battery sucker on, just to do the calibration. The phone went down to 1% real quick, but that last 1% took a while. I'm pretty sure I managed to kill a lot of COD Zombies on that last 1%. :D

5. fjrabon thread starter macrumors regular

yep, it's still going strong right now, I have screen brightness at max, streaming pandora at max volume over 3G, have maps open (so that it's continuously using GPS). Still refusing to die, lol. I think "batterygate" will be more or less gone once everybody fully calibrates their battery meters.