Does this mean...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by theGAPkid, Oct 14, 2007.

1. theGAPkid macrumors regular

That if I wait just a few more weeks (well 2...) Ill be able to get a new Macbook, a new OS AND A NEW IPOD for free??????? (excl. tax)

Im in the UK and the student promo runs until 30th Oct 07.

Thats pretty amazing news to me. Even if there is no macbook upgrade until after this offers finished, I may still invest in the current macbook line as a dirt cheap/free iPod sounds very appealing, and as long as Leopard works on the current base spec Macbook, Im happy as Larry :D:D:D
    :apple:

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

3. theGAPkid thread starter macrumors regular

To be honest, its only really just struck me. Will you wait for a macbook upgrade if there is one? - Thats the only tough decision Im facing!

4. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Well i will be using the macbook for uni and i only have to pay the excess over £500 so i won't be too annoyed if there is an update and the end of October is pretty much the last date i can wait.

5. theGAPkid thread starter macrumors regular

you're even more lucky than me - I dont start Uni until this coming September so I can only get the basic -£50 discount on the mac. All in all though with an iPod nano [RED] it'll come to exactly £700! - Not bad I say - Cos I can sell my old nano on ebay to gain a few extra quid if needs be

6. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Try phoning apple (0800 039 1010) and explain that your registered at uni and starting this and they may give you a bigger discount.