iPad Does this price sound right?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by tryin, Nov 10, 2013.

1. tryin macrumors newbie

Last night, I bought a 4th generation with Retina with cellular AT&T 32gb for $549 new. Does this pricing sound right? I thought it was a little low as I've not seen it at this price unless it was refurbished. I'm not complaining, I love a good deal, but I'm just wondering if this was priced accurately or maybe an error. Any thoughts?

2. patseguin macrumors 65816

patseguin

3. Gooberton macrumors 65816

Meh, seems ok or a bit high. Why would you want it? It's so heavy, the reason why I couldn't use an iPad till the air came out, only used the mini. Spend a little bit more and get the premium option and get the air

4. tryin thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for your help. The mini is way too small for me. I am not one for upgrading often.
    I just traded in my ipad 1 at Target. It was my constant companion for 3 years. I DID want the air originally. I played around with the air and the mini yesterday at the Apple store. The air is not so light to justify lightening my pockets by $180. Believe me, after using the iPad 1 in an Encase, the 4 will already be much lighter to me. I really just needed a quick upgrade. The air was not available at any of the Target stores. I had ipad withdrawal and also didn't want to go too many days without one.

I am never opposed to doing a return. So, if I can find an air with cellular that's not too far out of my price range, I may do an exchange. I still have been unable to find another Retina advertised at this price. Does anyone have any retailers that they can suggest? The air is priced at $700+ for that configuration. I didn't want to pay that much. I had the 16gb Ipad 1 and still had 12gb+ available when I traded. I was planning on getting another 16gb. So, 32 will be more than enough for me. It was the ONLY one that I could find within an hour's radius that had cellular. Most of the Targets in this area, and there are lots of them, only sell wifi models.

I was able to get a $40 gift card, use a $15 off coupon and 5%off red card on top of the $549. I don't want to return the Retina, however, if the pricing is good, I just didn't have any others to compare it to. I'm only seeing these in the $600-$700 price range online.

5. powerbooks macrumors regular

Too high. See this thread:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1669768

6. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

7. powerbooks macrumors regular

Well, you did not mention it in the OP.

Anyway, if there is no tax and it is what you want, then that is a very good deal.

8. lynn5707 macrumors member

Just FYI - I turned in my 1st gen iPad this past Friday, and ended up getting a samsung tab since they didn't have Air or mini. I already have 32 g att mini. Anyway the next morning (yesterday) I was on target.com, and noticed they had 32 g Air. To make long story short, I took back the Samsung, got 16 g as the guy at target had just found one he didn't know they had and exchanged it. So, after their $20 off, coupon for Target and using red card was able to get it for about $280 out the door. Very, very happy! Now I may turn in my mini to gamestop and trade for new mini or the galaxy for my grand kids. :)

My point is if you want Air, just keep checking their site - they get deliveries frequently.

Good luck!

9. tryin, Nov 10, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2013

tryin thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry it wasn't mentioned in the OP, I don't buy electronics used, so it never crossed my mind to mention this was retail.

Priority-I must have cellular

this is my reference
    $650
    http://www.target.com/p/apple-32gb-...a/-/A-14213706#prodSlot=medium_1_17&term=ipad
    $679
    http://www.target.com/p/apple-32gb-...a/-/A-14319739#prodSlot=medium_1_13&term=ipad

here is the mini $559
    http://www.target.com/p/apple-ipad-...a/-/A-14213713#prodSlot=medium_1_28&term=ipad

i was wondering why the price difference in the one I bought, hence the original post's question.

now i see this, thanks lynn5707
    $629.99 for the 16gb air (says NOT sold in stores)

http://www.target.com/p/apple-ipad-...-a/-/A-14832744#prodSlot=medium_1_8&term=ipad

I called my local store and they are not in stock, seems cellular is only sold online. No gift cards this week either, so would have to return and get an air online, but lose the gift card and coupon (in store only coupon)
    I didn't see any airs last night on line. Hmm, now to weigh the pros of cons of the price/performance.
    I wonder if this was an online return-to-store.

10. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

When it was THE iPad it was $729. Now that it is not, stores are marking them down to get rid of them.