does this seem legit?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by cheekybobcat, Apr 7, 2008.

1. cheekybobcat macrumors 6502a

cheekybobcat

I fully think it is legit but I just want to see what you guys think. I am about to by a Power Mac from user dsnort. This is the Power Mac that he is selling. I just wanna be as safe as possible. Thanks for your feedback.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Please don't take this too personally, but the seller has over 1000 posts here and has really established himself as a member. I do not believe your question has much merit and if there is any bad feeling about buying something from this member or any other for that matter, then perhaps you should pass instead of engaging other members into a character debate.

Asking for references like this seems fruitless. I believe if you are at all weary you should ask the seller for references. I'm going to bet he has at least one or two.

3. cheekybobcat thread starter macrumors 6502a

cheekybobcat

I am not looking for a debate. I just wanted to see what some people thought...
    I'm an extremely amateur online buyer. I do see your point though and I agree. I feel good about it and your right, he is an established member.

No more replies are necessary.

4. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

With respect jessica having over 1000 posts isn't a character reference, ive made over 1000 posts but i could still be a axe murdering nutter on the sly,to the OP jessica is right about the rest

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I wasn't saying he had any more character than the OP or any one else. I was saying he was an established member.

6. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

Nothing is a guarantee in a trade, but all those little things add up to better odds of a successful transaction.

7. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

Ok maybe i misunderstood/read your post sorry,but even with a established member you take your chance abit less risky,but it helps