Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

charliehustle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 30, 2009
so I woke up with 100% as my phone was charging overnight..

I have brightness set to about half..
I have my emails fetching every 15 mins

and I know the battery percentage is different on the screen shots, it was 58% when I took the screen shot, to realize it was the wrong one and I had to upload the pic..

so the second pic showing my battery shows 60% or something, but it really should read 58%

I talked on it for just over an hour, and maybe browsed the net and did some emails , but thats about it, no pictures, no itunes, no app store..

I have a yellow screen and it doesn't bother me, but if this is battery issue, i might have to get it replaces as thats very important to me..

thanks guys..and gals..

Attachments

• IMG_1423.PNG
    IMG_1423.PNG
    53.4 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1422.PNG
    IMG_1422.PNG
    135.2 KB · Views: 49

MWPULSE

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2008
London
point:
1) have you got Location settings turned on
2) have you got 3G turned on, although from the screenshot it looks not- just checking..
3)Data Roaming?

Those 3 things, as well as bluetooth do subtract from your battery quite heavily, i would bring your brightness level down abit maybe?

as a personal note, i have listened to about 2 hours of music, surfed the web for an hour. With data roaming, location services both on, 3G i turn on and off when i need it. also when im not using it i turn off wi-fi as that hogs battery.. after all that im on 48%.

It does depend on individual usage some general testing by me has found. When im sleeping i put my phone into airplane mode lol. Can last for days n days like that!!

charliehustle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 30, 2009
point:
1) have you got Location settings turned on
2) have you got 3G turned on, although from the screenshot it looks not- just checking..
3)Data Roaming?

Those 3 things, as well as bluetooth do subtract from your battery quite heavily, i would bring your brightness level down abit maybe?

as a personal note, i have listened to about 2 hours of music, surfed the web for an hour. With data roaming, location services both on, 3G i turn on and off when i need it. also when im not using it i turn off wi-fi as that hogs battery.. after all that im on 48%.

It does depend on individual usage some general testing by me has found. When im sleeping i put my phone into airplane mode lol. Can last for days n days like that!!

okay, so I have data roaming, my 3G was on, but when I'm at home (like i've been all day, it just connects to my wifi) so I haven't done anything on 3G today, not sure if it makes a diff if it's on in the settings,

my location services are on also..

ya, I might try that airplane mode thing, you still get the text msg of missed calls when you turn it on right?
I don't mind doing that as I never wake up at night during calls anyway..

MWPULSE

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2008
London
okay, so I have data roaming, my 3G was on, but when I'm at home (like i've been all day, it just connects to my wifi) so I haven't done anything on 3G today, not sure if it makes a diff if it's on in the settings,

my location services are on also..

ya, I might try that airplane mode thing, you still get the text msg of missed calls when you turn it on right?
I don't mind doing that as I never wake up at night during calls anyway..

Well even if 3G isnt being used, the 3G adaptor in the phone is still activated, thus its still gonna use your battery.

The airplane mode disconnects the phone from the outta world lol, so im gonna go with.. no? haha. I just my set my alarm on my phone and that wakes me up. I dont need to know about texts in the night :p

PTP

charliehustle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 30, 2009
Well even if 3G isnt being used, the 3G adaptor in the phone is still activated, thus its still gonna use your battery.

The airplane mode disconnects the phone from the outta world lol, so im gonna go with.. no? haha. I just my set my alarm on my phone and that wakes me up. I dont need to know about texts in the night :p

PTP

aight..thanks..I didn't know it still uses battery if I'm on wifi and my 3G isn't turned off..

I"m gonna give it a week so how it improves the battery life..

thanks for the quick response dude..

MWPULSE

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2008
London
no worries. I'd also suggest regular discharges to 0% so the battery remembers how much it actually has left to give if that makes sense?

PTP

charliehustle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 30, 2009
no worries. I'd also suggest regular discharges to 0% so the battery remembers how much it actually has left to give if that makes sense?

PTP

ya I did that last night before going to bed, thats why I was curious as to why I had lost almost 40% of battery in 2 hours of not too heavy usage..

MWPULSE

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2008
London
ya I did that last night before going to bed, thats why I was curious as to why I had lost almost 40% of battery in 2 hours of not too heavy usage..

That is quite extreme granted, however it might be better now that you have turned off some stuff :p

PTP

nehunte

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2009
Small suggestion: change your email to push. It actually uses more battery to fetch emails every 15 minutes. Unless of course you're getting 100 emails a day. Then disregard all of that.

paul100

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2009
Hi Dear,
Don't worry about that I think its minor problem, but still its better to show your battery in servicing center, because precaution is better than cure.

charliehustle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 30, 2009
thanks for the suggestions guys..
this forum is the best..

I noticed I had way better battery life in the last couple days..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.