Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
They say all the right things - so it's down to whether you want to take the risk to buy over eBay from a vendor you don't know. I have never heard of Approved brand memory, but that doesn't mean much. They have been around only 2 years.

The ebay seller talks a lot about the Approved brand and gives the address etc: but you are not buying directly from Approved Memory, you are buying from an individual called toycove. Don't be misled.

I recommend a 4 Gb kit from Data Memory Systems for $620.00 http://www.datamem.com/viewcat.asp?C=1125

Demon Hunter

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2004
As the folks at Crucial state on their website, only a handful of companies actually manufacture the chips and the boards, and this is not one of them.

It will probably work fine, but you may run into a few hiccups, and reliability issues in a few years. In the worst case, kernel panics, etc.

That's less than $125 per stick, which is basically generic memory. IMHO, a high-end system like the G5 is no place for that kind of memory, it is too integral to the entire system to go cheap.

If you really need it, I would do more research on the company, and what other people think.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.