Does this Sony Digital Media Port Cradle for iPods work with the iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by KH8756, Nov 29, 2009.

1. KH8756 macrumors member

Hi. I recently bought a Sony Home Theater System that came with a Digital Media Port Adapter (cradle) for iPods. This is like a dock adapter, except it can only connect to Sony devices with a Digital Media Port input (for those who aren't familiar with Digital Media Port). This is the model number: TDM-iP20
    I have an iPhone 3G S, and I want to know if I can use this adapter with it. This thing is compatible with pretty much all the iPods (even the really old ones such a the mini) including the 1st and 2nd gen iPod touch. All the docks that I've seen that are compatible with the touch in stores, all have also been compatible with the iPhone. Are all docks that are compatible with the iPod touch automatically compatible with the iPhone (because of their similarities)? Is there a risk, if I plug y iPhone into this Digital Media Port Adapter? Could it hurt my iPhone in any way? Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.

2. lollicup macrumors regular

there is no risk

but the chance of it working with the iphone 3gs is pretty low ( or you will probably get a "device unsupported warning) since the dock has to be CLEARLY marked to work with the iPhone ( ipod =/= iphone compatibility)