Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cattywampus_

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 19, 2006
Hi,

Since the release of iOS 9 and installing on my 1st Gen iPad Air, certain things have prompted me to want to find A relatively
cheap iPad Air 2.

Firstly, and this maybe because it is the first iteration of iOS 9., my 1st gen is running sluggish. The fast cpu and more memory I hope would solve this along with iOS 9 refinements.

My 1st gen iPad is only the 16gb model even with the very few apps I have installed I only have 800mb remaining space; so a 64gb minimum was going to be needed.

Thirdly, I thought I might be a nice idea to try and get 4G capable version. This was a luxury and if it meant spending a lot more than I would drop it.

Anyway, after a few days of trawling eBay looking for and iPad Air 2 with 64GB and Wi-Fi (with and without 4G) I found someone selling the above that is brand new in box and has 4G for £399 ($620 roughly).

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/262056420033?_mwBanner=1

The seller has 300+ feedback and seems to have sold a couple and got feed back alreDy that is positive.

I'm just skeptical because it is much cheaper than what Apple sell it for at £579 for that modem.

Thanks

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
I'm guessing an unwanted upgrade.

I'm always wary when a Network Connection is included because if the owner makes an insurance claim the cellular function may become blocked.

Have you considered the iPad Pro when prices are released.

Cattywampus_

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 19, 2006
I'm guessing an unwanted upgrade.

I'm always wary when a Network Connection is included because if the owner makes an insurance claim the cellular function may become blocked.

Have you considered the iPad Pro when prices are released.

Well if it arrives and it is locked to a certain network I will open a dispute and return it. It does say unlocked so one would have to assume that it was not obtained as part of a contract as it would most definitely be locked to the network it was bought from.

The price I paid for it seems to actually be the average price for the moment on eBay. I just remember when buying my iPad Air 16GB Wi-fi only at release and paying £400 for that. This is 64GB and 4G for the same price.

Anyway, will have a look when it comes. Should be fine.

Reactions: bandofbrothers

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
Well if it arrives and it is locked to a certain network I will open a dispute and return it. It does say unlocked so one would have to assume that it was not obtained as part of a contract as it would most definitely be locked to the network it was bought from.

The price I paid for it seems to actually be the average price for the moment on eBay. I just remember when buying my iPad Air 16GB Wi-fi only at release and paying £400 for that. This is 64GB and 4G for the same price.

Anyway, will have a look when it comes. Should be fine.

Hi,

It's certainly a bargain at that price and Im in no way trying to cast negativity on the deal or seller.

Looking forward to a positive update.

If you run iOS 9 on it then look forward to Split Screen etc. :)

thedon1

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2010
I saw the same model last week from Amazon for £479. It's more than you paid but still £100 cheaper than Apple's normal price.

Maybe there's just loads of extra stock of the Silver that needs to be shifted? Good time to pick up a bargain.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.