Does this sound legit?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Cattywampus_, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Cattywampus_ macrumors 6502a

Hi,

Since the release of iOS 9 and installing on my 1st Gen iPad Air, certain things have prompted me to want to find A relatively
    cheap iPad Air 2.

Firstly, and this maybe because it is the first iteration of iOS 9., my 1st gen is running sluggish. The fast cpu and more memory I hope would solve this along with iOS 9 refinements.

My 1st gen iPad is only the 16gb model even with the very few apps I have installed I only have 800mb remaining space; so a 64gb minimum was going to be needed.

Thirdly, I thought I might be a nice idea to try and get 4G capable version. This was a luxury and if it meant spending a lot more than I would drop it.

Anyway, after a few days of trawling eBay looking for and iPad Air 2 with 64GB and Wi-Fi (with and without 4G) I found someone selling the above that is brand new in box and has 4G for £399 ($620 roughly).

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/262056420033?_mwBanner=1

The seller has 300+ feedback and seems to have sold a couple and got feed back alreDy that is positive.

I'm just skeptical because it is much cheaper than what Apple sell it for at £579 for that modem.

Thanks

2. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

I'm guessing an unwanted upgrade.

I'm always wary when a Network Connection is included because if the owner makes an insurance claim the cellular function may become blocked.

Have you considered the iPad Pro when prices are released.

3. Cattywampus_ thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well if it arrives and it is locked to a certain network I will open a dispute and return it. It does say unlocked so one would have to assume that it was not obtained as part of a contract as it would most definitely be locked to the network it was bought from.

The price I paid for it seems to actually be the average price for the moment on eBay. I just remember when buying my iPad Air 16GB Wi-fi only at release and paying £400 for that. This is 64GB and 4G for the same price.

Anyway, will have a look when it comes. Should be fine.

4. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Hi,

It's certainly a bargain at that price and Im in no way trying to cast negativity on the deal or seller.

Looking forward to a positive update.

If you run iOS 9 on it then look forward to Split Screen etc. :)

5. thedon1 macrumors 6502

I saw the same model last week from Amazon for £479. It's more than you paid but still £100 cheaper than Apple's normal price.

Maybe there's just loads of extra stock of the Silver that needs to be shifted? Good time to pick up a bargain.

6. Left4DeadBoy macrumors regular

Left4DeadBoy

7. Cattywampus_ thread starter macrumors 6502a

Just an update for things interest.

The iPad Air arrived exactly as described e dm

8. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

I was hoping for a good outcome for you.

Again congrats on finding a good deal.