Does this sound like a faulty printer or a damage printhead?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Bubble99, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Bubble99 macrumors 6502

Does this sound like a faulty printer or a damage printhead?

I get message saying Carriage Jam!!

This started after removing the carriage of black and color ink.

2. Plutonius macrumors 604

Plutonius

I would probably go to the printer manufacturers web site and look up your printer. Failing that, I would add the printer manufacturer / printer model to your post here.

3. Bubble99 thread starter macrumors 6502

I looked at the carriage again and notice that with or with out the ink carriage in there that the lid to close down and snap in place is not going all the way down and snapping in place.

Where you can see in video at 0:43 and 0:46 where he closes the lid and snap in place is not going all the way down and snapping in place for me.

Could this be the problem? It not all the way down and snap into place? If so what would cause this problem for it to not go all the way down and snap into place.

It seem that when you press down on the levers like he does in 0:43 and 0:46 it does not go all the way down and snap into place for me.

I tried it both with and with out the ink in there and it does not go all the way down and snap into place for me.

4. Bubble99 thread starter macrumors 6502

Other problem I'm having that just started with the printer is the printhead some times does not go to the center where you change the carriage.

It almost seems like the printhead is damage.

It looks like I may have to take it in to get fixed if I cannot fix it.