Does this warrant an exchange?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rye9, Jun 30, 2010.

1. rye9 macrumors 65816

rye9

My iPhone began making a rattling noise today upon shaking it, and I found the culprit to be the sleep/wake button on the top. It annoys me a little bit, and I do not think this is normal, or it hasn't happened to me before at least while owning it. So it's something that just happened, leading me to believe that it's an issue. But will I just be laughed at if I contacted Apple?

2. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Won't know unless you try. I met with the Genius bar yesterday about dust under my screen. Showed the guy who said he couldn't see it. He got the Manager who said he could see it and swapped out phones for me. Guess it depends on the person you deal with..

3. rye9 thread starter macrumors 65816

rye9

Hmm. I see. Well, there's also this... my Apple store is 40 minutes away from me, but there's an AT&T store about 3 minutes from me. Would they let me do an exchange? I've never dealt with them regarding the phone... I don't know if they are very lenient with switching out phones or would tell me to go to Apple before they take it back.

4. rye9 thread starter macrumors 65816

rye9

bump...

Okay, so I've had the antenna issue since day 1. Also, I had the "no SIM' error message for a couple days, and now on my 3rd SIM card I've finally stopped having issues. Thirdly, there is the loose button I mentioned in this thread... but now for the first time tonight I've discovered I have the proximity issue, too. My contacts kept coming up while on a call.

Does at&t do exchanges for 'faulty' phones? After having 4 issues (plus a battery life I feel is subpar) I'm thinking of swapping this out for a new one, but don't feel like traveling 40-45 minutes to my nearest Apple Store.

5. NYRGirardi5 macrumors member

i'd call the at&t store first and see what they said. I remember in the past whenever there was an issue with an iphone customers were directed to the apple store for an exchange.

6. reaborg macrumors member

go for the exchange. you paid good money for it, so you should be fully satisfied. I had a slightly unsnappy home button on my iphone4. They happily replaced it for a new one.

7. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

I'd go for the exchange. You should be absolutely satisfied with your purchase.