Does Tiger OSX Include IPhoto?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Carcharios, May 11, 2009.

1. Carcharios macrumors newbie

I inherited an older G4 powerbook and while it has itunes on it, it lacks iphoto. Is this normal? I have OSX Tiger installed and I always thought that it would include iPhoto. Am I wrong about this?

Carcharios

2. ShadowMind macrumors newbie

When I bought an eMac in 2004, it did not come with iPhoto either. I had to purchase it separately.

3. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Generally when you buy a brand new Mac it comes with iLife (which includes iPhoto), but when you buy the OS separately it won't include iLife. There are likely some exceptions, but this has been the case for me. iTunes can be downloaded for free so is always included.

4. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

if you didn't buy it from Apple then that would explain why. if you did it may have something to do with the fact that it is an education Mac

5. mmulin macrumors 6502

Check the original restore CD/ DVD which came bundled with the PB. It might include the additional software. If a purchased OS CD/ DVD was used your are out of luck. They mostly don't include the iLife applications.

6. LowEnder macrumors member

I have a 500Mhz iBook G3 that started off with 10.1 and has been upgraded with retail upgrades to Panther. I am sure that Jaguar had iPhoto, but if I remember correctly I had to do some hunting for it....I will try to remember
    and get back

7. elppa macrumors 68040

elppa

Panther had the whole iLife suite on disk. I think in Jaguar days it was a free download from Apple's website.