Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Well, I had lunch with Tim Cook last week, and his iPad seemed to run pretty smoothly.

Oh wait, I had lunch with a cook named Tim. Or was it Mike? We just call him Chef.

Do you really think anyone has a legit answer to this question?

Comment

durkkin

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2013
Yes because he's still on iOS 6.

(but really though, Apple retail and corporate systems run a version or two behind because they need the stability. so his iPad probably still is on iOS 6 until the bugs are worked out of 7, just like his Mac is still on Lion or ML)

Comment

DFZD

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2012
Considering his age, and lifestyle, I think he probably has the iPad Mini top model. Since he hardly has time, he rarely gets to tinkle with it as much as MR users, and thus it does run smooth, just as it does for the other regular users. :)

Comment

sully677

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2007
I was just curious if they might have different perks for the more senior staff.

Comment

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Just curious if they have optimizations we might not have?

Do you really think anyone has a legit answer to this question?

Of course I have the answer!

Cook's iPad has 10,000GB of Ram and a whole lot of special stuff that not only makes it smooth as silk, it is lighter, thinner, has perfect color registration, and does Searches for him before he even asks.

I hate to say this...but even the maintenance staff at Apple has a better iPad than you!

:rolleyes: ;) :D

Comment

JUiCEJamie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2011
In all seriousness, probably not. No.

I think someone like Tim, or any CEO would just use stable devices like standard consumers. Placing advanced tech in a design could cause problems maybe?
Besides, Apple make great products. So yeah, I'm pretty much sure they'll use the same devices as consumers.

Comment

darngooddesign

macrumors G4
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Tim Cook uses a surface...

For him to poop on.

original.jpg

Comment

durkkin

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2013
I doubt that. How would it look for Apple if its CEO wasn't using the latest OS?

He and his iPad/Mac are rarely (if ever) customer facing. The fact that we have to speculate over what he uses is proof of that. They have so many specialized apps for important Apple systems that security and stability are more important than how it "looks."

Comment

Oppressed

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2010
He has a 128 GB cellular model. Probably in white, but that is more speculation.

Comment

McPc

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2012
CA
I think the more pressing issue that people want to know is does he prefer the space gray/black or silver/white model? :cool:

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.