Does TinyUmbrella still work on 3.1.3?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jarrodtb, Jun 26, 2010.

1. jarrodtb macrumors member

Hi,

I have a relatively new iPhone 3GS running 3.1.3 I need to restore to 3.1.3. My old 3GS was on file with Saurik's SHSH server, however it was replaced by Apple AFTER he clsoed registration for his server, so this one is not. I was hoping to use TinyUmbrella to manually accomplish the same thing Saurik had done.... but the new version of TU does not seem to "work" on my 3GS. Is it only designed for iOS4 now? Does anyone have any material I can read on accomplishing what I want to... if it's even still possible?

Thanks for any help.

2. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

TinyUmbrella is not capable of generating your SHSH any more than Saurik's server is. SHSH can only be generated using Apple's private signing key, which nobody outside of Apple knows. The SHSH for a 3GS firmware version can therefore only be obtained as long as Apple is still signing that version of the firmware. Both saurik's server and TinyUmbrella request this signature and cache it for future use (saurik on his server, TinyUmbrella on your computer).

Since Apple is no longer signing firmware 3.1.3, it is too late to obtain your SHSH, and you cannot restore to anything but 4.0. Sorry.