Does TP-Link gear get on well with Macs?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Molecule, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Molecule macrumors regular

I'm buying a new router for use as a wireless AP (in case anyone's wondering why, this thread will explain everything). As nice as Apple's Airport Extreme looks, I can't afford it right now, and...well...I kinda need it right now. As such, my first choice would be something from Linksys, because I've had good experience with Linksys gear in the past (and the industrial design is really nice). But if I'm unable to get a hold of what I'm after at short enough notice, I'm going to have to settle for something else.
    Which brings me to the point of this thread...

Does TP-Link gear get on well with Macs? And what about other brands, too - has anyone got any recommendations about which brands I should look out for/avoid as if my life depended on it?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

2. jobesucks macrumors member

jobesucks

Will work ok(only at 130Mb mind for the n versions), there cheap and cheerful, but do the job, have used the following models ok TD-W8950ND and TD-W8901G

3. brucem91 macrumors 6502

their really isn't a "mac-supported" router. Wifi is standards based, so virtually any dedicated router should do you just fine. That said, I can personally attest to the airport express(don't have it plugged into my 2wire though), so I can't really give you any insight on other routers. But I would reccomend linksys, they tend to have good routers.

4. IBrown macrumors newbie

Bought the 1043ND, sent it back

As in the title, I bought the TP Link WR-1043ND earlier this year. It worked fine...mostly but every so often would drop the signal and I had to toggle Airport on/off on my revision G MBP.

I haven't bought a replacement yet, I've reverted to an old Netgear box, I've only logged in tonight to ask a question.