Does trial for Office for Mac exist?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Marie123456, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Marie123456 macrumors newbie

I am trying to see if there is a trial for Office for Mac. I actually plan on buying it in about 2 weeks when I get paid. If there is a trial in the meantime so I don't have to charge it that would be great. I searched Google but didn't see one so I figured I would ask the experts. :D

Marie

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

A trial version comes on new Macs but I don't believe Microsoft offers a trial download.

3. Marie123456 thread starter macrumors newbie

I just got a new MacBook Pro and I don't see it at all.

4. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

That's because they no longer include the trials of Office or iWork on the computer. Not sure why. The new MacBooks and MacBook Pros I know for sure do not include it, and I'm not 100% certain on the iMacs, but they likely won't for long if they still do.

jW

5. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

I bet it is because a trial version of Office 2008 will turn off potential buyers if they tried it first. Try Neo Office until you purchase Office 2008. I am not a big fan of Neo Office but it does the job and is compatible.

6. Marie123456 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the info.. I think I will just have to buy it. Since it is for work I'm a bit scared of trying the Neo Office. It's my first project at work so I don't want to mess it up. I actually called the Apple store last night to see if how much the student discount was for it and they said their wasn't any :( I am almost positive that when I bought the laptop the sales rep said there was?

7. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

there is a trial for iwork still available to download but microsoft killed their trial with 2008 for some odd reason

8. nadyne macrumors 6502a

There are three editions of Office 2008. For home use, the Home and Student Edition is probably the one that you want. Its street price is $150, but places like Amazon usually have it for a bit less.

We're currently doing a back-to-school promotion that will save you a bit more on Office 2008 as well.

Regards,
    Nadyne.