Does turning off still affect the battery status?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Honda, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Honda macrumors member

Okay so I've been reading many batteries info out there and how to keep your lithium ion battery last longer, so now I don't really need my iPhone that much since school hasn't start, I don't want to use it yet.

I was wondering is it okay to turn off my iPhone and just leave it in the box without charging, would that affect the battery at all without turning it on and stuffs? I don't want to use my iPhone for a weak or so since I don't need really need use of it because I don't need it yet. Can turning it off ruin the battery even when I'm not going to charge it, but leave it inside the box for about 1 week?

2. alangrehan macrumors regular

Just charge it and it and use it... Don't worry about it...

Why would you spend all that money to keep it in the box?

3. Cookies n footy macrumors newbie

That wasn't really a constructive answer, everyone has their reasons for what they do, you don't need to question his motives.

To the OP.

No you will not affect your battery doing this. The only time you would put the battery at risk is extreme temperatures either too low or too high.

It is possible to lose charge from not using but all you do then is charge it.

4. Honda thread starter macrumors member

I'm not going to use it FOR NOW because I see no point since I got my laptop in the room with me, sorry I'm not a gamer that plays with it 24/7.

I'm more of a socalize type of guy, since I got my laptop, I don't need my iPhone 4 as of now.

Okay moving on, since I will be leaving it alone turned off for like a few days, it won't affect the memory life right? I did a full discharge ONCE and when it hit 100% I unplug it and turn it off a few mins later. Nothing should be bad for the battery or phone right?

5. Cookies n footy macrumors newbie

Correct, phone will be fine.

6. Honda thread starter macrumors member

You think it'll be bad for the battery though since it has not been charge or anything?

7. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

No, it will be fine. You're worrying over nothing.