Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
I have a 6+ and I feel like my battery is dropping faster ever since I turned in VoLTE, is this happening for anyone else or am I just imagining this?

ROLLTIDE1

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2012
I have a 6+ and I feel like my battery is dropping faster ever since I turned in VoLTE, is this happening for anyone else or am I just imagining this?

What else do you have running? Did you turn off bluetooth,location services and background app refresh

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
Does anyone actually know if leaving Bluetooth on drains the battery? I thought Bluetooth 4.0 LE was supposed to not draw any power unless it has a connection.

I thought that was the whole point of LE.

Starrbuck

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2010
Haven't noticed any excessive drains. My new iPhone 6 (4.7") lasts more than a day on a charge.

ReallyBigFeet

macrumors 68030
Apr 15, 2010
Bee running VoLTE all week, over 18 hours of voice calls using it and haven't noticed any discernible drain on the battery.

I had read somewhere that VoLTE actually draws less radio power than standard CDMA calls. But then there's CPU drain as well so I'm not entirely sure.

theman510

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2009
New Jersey
Random related question not worth starting a new thread for...When you guys selected use "Voice & Data" for LTE, how long did it take to get the check mark in the box? I'm on 5 minutes now of just the spinning loading wheel thing. When I select "off" or "data only" I get a check mark next to it instantly.

cway77

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2014
Mine did the same thing and took forever to actually check both the audio and data box. I just turned it off to see if battery would be better as it really sucked last night bad and over all hasn't been the greatest...

KenAFSPC

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2012
on the subject what exactly is voLTE and what is it used for

I googled it but it gave very techy answers
Basically, it allows you to use LTE (faster) data while you are talking on the phone. It also allows phone calls to take advantage of the additional bandwidth of the LTE connection to provide higher call (voice) quality.

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
on the subject what exactly is voLTE and what is it used for

I googled it but it gave very techy answers

It just means voice calls are over the LTE network.

This will allow for things like simultaneous voice and LTE data (not just 4G HSPA+ like before) and HD voice.

wxman2003

Suspended
Apr 12, 2011
VoLTE on Verizon definitely sounds better than via cdma. Have made several calls with VoLTE turned on and sounds clearer. And calls to people who have phones that are also using VoLTE, were excellent.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.