Does unified Apple ID work with Lion?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by matt.ledger, Oct 3, 2012.

1. matt.ledger macrumors newbie

I've updated my Dad's iPhone to iOS 6 and set up FaceTime with his mobile number but when I log him in to FaceTime on his Mac (running 10.7) only his email address shows up. Has anyone managed to get their mobile number working with FaceTime on Lion?

2. Frankber macrumors newbie

Facetime on MacBook (Early 2008) Lion 10.7.5 doesn't even squeak

I have just inherited my daughter's MacBook with the Lion OS version 10.7.5 upgrade. (She has bought a MacBook Pro i7 with Mountain Lion)

OK, Facetime works on both our iPad 2's and iPhone 4s's and her MacBook Pro but no luck with my MacBook. As many have complained some politely and some not so politely, the "thing" just doesn't connect! We just get this stupid and totally unhelpful message: "Could not sign in. Please check your network connection and try again."

Well, I have checked everything about 347 times. I can login to iTunes, to my Apple ID and even edit it. I have scoured the blogs for an answer and tried all sorts of fiddles and diddles like editing my Apple ID Account, port fowarding, DMZ, Firewall Off, Firewall On with Facetime added but nothing seems to solve the problem.

Actually the best solution seems to be : Use Skype! You would thinks that Apple would have learned just a little from the mistakes of that "other company" in Redwood which also doesn't listen to its customers!

Maybe someone has actually got this thing to work on a MacBook with Lion?

3. matt.ledger thread starter macrumors newbie

Sounds like you're having a different issue to us, FaceTime on Lion works fine here, the only issue is that it only works with an email address not a phone number.