Does uninstalling Cydia app bring the iPhone back to normal speed?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by crazy$hark, Apr 6, 2011.

1. crazy$hark macrumors regular

crazy$hark

I have an iphone 4 and thinking of installing infinidock, but i heard that app like that slow down the iphone (such as winterboard). Does uninstalling Cydia app bring the iPhone back to normal speed? So if I install winterboard and it slows down my iPhone, will my iPhone speed go back to what it was (faster) when I uninstall it? Or will there be something left that will slow my iPhone down?

2. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

Why don't you try it yourself? Slow to me may not be slow for you.

3. crazy$hark thread starter macrumors regular

crazy$hark

I don't want to risk it because my iPhone 4 is new. I just want to know from others who already tried it.

4. neotope macrumors regular

If you are nervous why don't you jailbreak your phone and install a couple programs to try it out. If you don't like it just restore as a new phone and then setup your last backup.

I have used Winterboard since I started jailbreaking and I don't really see any slowdowns from it or from anything else.

5. Jnardis macrumors 6502a

You can always restore if you don't like it and your phone will be back to normal. I had the iphone 4 since the first day, after installing the 4.3.1 my phone was bricked and went to apple. they replaced it yesterdsay morning. I used the phone all day w/o jb and then jb this morning and see a change in speed, but def not a huge difference. Just my 2 cents.

6. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

What risk is there? You can always restore back to official firmware/unjailbreak state. If you are always nervous about this and that then you shouldn't be jailbreaking. That is the reason why Apply doesn't let users to do a lot of JB stuff. Imagine people e-mailing/calling/visiting Apple shop asking for help when it is obviously an users' error.

7. Surrylic macrumors regular

I don't think some of them were really understanding your question..

If you jailbreak and find that it slows down your phone too much, then yes if you uninstall the jailbreak (by restoring your phone) it will be back up to normal speed - just like a brand new non-jailbroken phone. I noticed big slowdown when I had an iPhone 3G, but since the transition to the iPhone 4 I can't tell a bit of difference. Everything is good.

8. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

It could be a jb program or combination that causes the slowdown. Why don't you try paring it down to the essentials? For example, I have tetherme and about two other programs. My phone runs fine.

9. chrisperro macrumors 6502

chrisperro

10. crazy$hark thread starter macrumors regular

crazy$hark

thanks, this was exactly what i was looking for :)
    others comment helped too. the iphone 4 is way faster than the 3G so the difference in speed (with cydia apps) is hard to notice.

11. jdaniel macrumors 65816

I also install remove backgrounder.. iphone tends to leave alot of apps on even tho u are not using them, and I just hit it once in a while to make sure everything is closed.