does updating to iOS7 auto-update apps as well???

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by ftaok, Sep 18, 2013.

1. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

OK, I have an iPhone5 and would like to update to iOS7. However, I play RealRacing 3 and EA has really borked up the later versions of the app. I'm currently playing on version 1.1.2 and the latest version is 1.3.5.

So here's my question. If I update my phone to iOS7 will all my apps auto-update (since iOS7 has the auto-update feature) ... or will I get a chance to turn off auto-update before that happens.

NOTE - RR3 version 1.1.2 works with iOS7 betas, so that won't be an issue ... hopefully.

Thanks.

2. HengenJL macrumors 6502a

HengenJL

You have the ability to choose if you want Apps to auto-update in iOS 7.

3. Eckscaliber macrumors 6502a

Eckscaliber

They will not auto update. I had two updates waiting for me right after I installed iOS 7. The auto update feature is turned off by default.

4. ftaok thread starter macrumors 601

ftaok

Cool. That's what I was hoping for. I guess I know what I'm doing tonight.

5. vrillusions macrumors regular

vrillusions

This is how it was for me. When I did the update (I did it through itunes) it took me through the getting started steps like a new phone. Obviously it skipped most parts but it asked if you wanted to turn on things like location services and automatic app updates. Been using an old version of the twitter app because the new version sucks on ipad. I thought at one point I heard that you could choose auto-updating on a per app basis and don't see that option. Would have like to turn on updates for everything else except twitter.