Does ur iPad's performance gets sluggish sometimes?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by fel10, Jan 19, 2011.

1. fel10 macrumors 68000

fel10

I was just wondering if ur iPad gets kind of sluggish sometimes. Especially when using certain apps like the CNN app, or iBook? Also when quiting an app, instead of having that smooth animation, it is kind of sluggish?? I didn't used to have this issue with IOS 3.2. After the last update, things just feels "heavier". Anyone else??

2. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

The only app I notice being sluggish and always a pain is the App Store. It always quits on me when I search through many apps.....

I do notice animations aren't as smooth as with my iP4, but the iP4 is a way smooth experience!

3. fel10 thread starter macrumors 68000

fel10

Yeah they App Store can get kind of sluggish.

I don't know, my iPad just doesn't feels as smooth as b4, especially compared to my iPod touch 4, where everything is super smooth.

4. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Have you tried clearing your open apps? I've had to get into the habit of clearing off the open programs on my iPhone and my iPad at work. But doing that usually fixes the speed issues on both devices.

TEG

5. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Yes, I have. After a while Safari starts to misbehave, email crashes (or Apple's more elegant variant) and apps seem sluggish. Doesn't happen often, but a reboot cures it.

6. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

All computer software will get sluggish at times, my iPhone 4 with the same processor, twice the ram, and at a lower resolution gets sluggish at times too. If it's really bothering you might want to try a clean restore, but you would lose all your app information (such as high scores and saved games). But I have yet to see ANY computer os not get sluggish after a while.

7. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

I've noticed there's around a two second delay after switching to a new app before it will respond to my finger presses...

8. duncyboy macrumors 6502a

I've noticed it a lot recently. Safari and iBooks are the main culprits. 'Clearing' the apps doesn't seem to help either. iBooks has never been that sharpish on mine, unfortunately

9. Dr McKay macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

When my iPad starts to behave sluggish, its only when its been switched on for about a month or 2,

Clearing all the apps first, and then turning it off and on again seem to help me.

10. bid2ask77 macrumors regular

bid2ask77