Does "value" make any difference?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by peterjun, Nov 16, 2007.

1. peterjun macrumors member

2. tmoney468 macrumors 6502

Looks good and yes if you buy 2 they will work together. You won't notice any difference between the value ram and any other "performance" ram. The only play you would notice is in a Desktop PC where you could overclock your processor and FSB. It doesn't apply to a MB/MBP

3. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

It's fine ram and ordering 2 is just fine. You may also want to check stores like Newegg or crucial.com as they may have better deals and are known (especially Newegg) for their excellent customer service.

4. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

Don't be a tool. That's Kingston ValueRAM. It's every day use ram that isn't specifically made for overclockers. It's ram that adheres to memory timing specs and would not tolerate going beyond those.

5. Airforce macrumors 6502a

Airforce

Kingston's line of ram is called ValueRAM. Almost every ram chip from the cheapest to the highest priced has a lifetime warranty these days. It doesn't hurt to go with the cheapest these days ;) More than likely, the cheaper ones are made in the same place as the more expensive ones.

6. TBi macrumors 68030

TBi

Expensive RAM is only more reliable at the extremes such as an overclocked FSB and reduced latencies. The Mac never runs at these extremes so there is no need to pay the extra for it.

7. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

Fair enough, I couldn't remember what Kingston's less expensive line was called and there is no description on the buy.com page.

To clarify what I wrote earlier (since looking back at it it's not well written, I'll edit it) I was more recommending against buy.com and not that ram in particular.