Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dmaxdmax

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 26, 2006
or should I upgrade without worrying about it?

Daughter has hinted that she loves her friends’ 8+ camera. Am considering upgrading her 7 to an 8+ or X as a graduation present. It kills me that there will be new ones in just a few months but they graduate in May and we’ll make use of the camera on June vacation.

Next question, 8+ or X, 8+ or X, 8+ or $
?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
They do, or at least they have had some in the past. There were deals when it comes to trade-ins, there were deals without trade-ins and just lower priced phones, and there have been deals with discounts of phones when financing them, for example, where you'd get a monthly credit for a certain amount to offset the full regular payment.

The timing on at least some of these is hard to pin-point though, while for things like trade-ins it often happens when new devices are being launched.

Closingracer

macrumors 601
Jul 13, 2010
or should I upgrade without worrying about it?

Daughter has hinted that she loves her friends’ 8+ camera. Am considering upgrading her 7 to an 8+ or X as a graduation present. It kills me that there will be new ones in just a few months but they graduate in May and we’ll make use of the camera on June vacation.

Next question, 8+ or X, 8+ or X, 8+ or $
?
Look at bestbuy.
As far as which I would go with the X. I hate the plus Form factor so it would be the 8 or X for me.

nospleen

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2002
Texas
Bestbuy deals are generally instant off. (Currently 150 off the X 256) Verizon requires credits over a 24 month period.

I understand not wanting to upgrade right before another announcement. With that being said, that would lead me to get the X. I think the new models will have similar form factor as the X. It won’t necessarily age any better than the 8 or 8+, but it will have the newer design and the OLED.

dmaxdmax

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 26, 2006
If I take the Verizon deal with the monthly credit my bill will go down! This is a win

Definitely getting the X

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.