Does Verizon usually get New iPads on launch day?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Stayfly2407, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Stayfly2407 macrumors 6502

Stayfly2407

Probably do this one on the device payment, Apple only lets you pay in full unless you're using their program which i won't be. Did verizon or any other carriers have new iPads on launch in the past?

2. kwilzz_ macrumors member

I'm thinking of doing the same thing. I wouldn't see why verizon wouldn't have it day one. If there's a cellular version, it would make since that all major carriers will have them day 1

3. zipur macrumors 6502a

zipur

Suggest you wait for 5g to come out next year

4. Ghost31 macrumors 68020

Ghost31

I did the device payment on my current pro 10.5. Pretty nice when you don’t have hundreds of dollars to plop down on a new pad. Bear in mind though the $20 line access fee for a data plan you might not even use. Over the course of 2 years that’s $240 in data fees for internet you might have not even used. That’s a big chunk of change

5. kwilzz_ macrumors member

Nice. So how long do you have to wait to cancel the service? I plan on doing this on the new IPP

6. Ivabign macrumors 6502

Ivabign

Typically Tablet access on Verizon multi-line accounts are $10 @ month, not $20. At least that is my experience.

7. muzzy996 macrumors 6502

Yeah the contract commitment (I think it’s $10/mo w/out hotspot, $20/mo w/ hotspot capability) is a lot easier to swallow if one gets a device discount at the same time. Not sure if that’s typical at launch though but I got my 12.9” from Verizon earlier this year with an instant $200 off by making the 2 year commitment for data. I have an unlimited plan with them now with 3 cell phones on it for the family and 2 tablets so I saw the $200 as applying towards that $240 and basically making the first 10 months of internet free for me.

8. Ghost31 macrumors 68020

Ghost31

Until you pay it off. Which can take two years unless you pay it off sooner

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Isn't that only in select markets? Also Apple typically isn't the first to embrace that technology. That is 5g in 2019 isn't going to be much of an impact.