Does video come out of the Iphone 1/8" cable

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kneeman, Jun 27, 2009.

1. kneeman macrumors newbie

I know it has an extra ring, I read some say yes and no, some say it is for a microphone.

I have a Iphone 3G, 3.0 firmware, jailbroke. Did jailbreak and 3.0 last night so not sure if one of them is the problem since I did them back to back.

When I try and play videos from the 1/8th cable I get only audio, when I use the bottom dock on the Iphone with the 50.00 cable video and audio work, but the video is way behind the audio, way way behind.

I just need to know if video and audio are both suppose to come out the top, I need to narrow things down one at a time to see what the fix is.

Unrelated, can't get my slingbox app to work on the screen in my truck either. When I use TVout and/or screen splitter and use the bottom dock the image and audio go to the unit in the truck but it either disappears on the iphone or the image moves up on the iphone screen and I can only see the very bottom of the sling app on the top of the screen. Can't control the app and change channels when that happens.

First time poster, so any help would be appreciated.