Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tongteh

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 16, 2008
Hey guys.. I have recorded a voice interview and is wondering if there is a quick way to type these recording out? maybe something that analyse the recording file or something that type when you speak? THANKS

gaz617

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2009
I second a request for such a software, it would be really useful for writing papers- but voice recognition is notoriously picky about recognising certain voices

gaz617

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2009
Hey guys.. I have recorded a voice interview and is wondering if there is a quick way to type these recording out? maybe something that analyse the recording file or something that type when you speak? THANKS

all for windows but just use virtualbox:

IBM Viavoice
Dragon NaturallySpeaking

/thread

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
There have been a few threads about it, an mroogle search will find them.
That said, speech recognition requires you to train the computer to recognize your voice. It takes time. Also you will still have to proof whatever you dictate and expect errors.

tongteh

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 16, 2008
any other suggestion?? mcspeech seems a little over my budget.. :( sorry... i would love to have a solution to that.. thank you again.. i think such application will be very famous..

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
Dragon Naturally speaking starts at $99 and goes up depending on what level you want.

This is not the type of application you are going to get for free. The programs are very complex due to the nature of speech and grammar.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.