Does warranty cover chargers?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Antidoll, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Antidoll macrumors regular

My charge cable is pretty worn out (you can see all the metal cables inside) and when you bend it a bit some sparks light up... scary

anyways I've had this laptop for couple years I think... does the warranty cover the charger? can I get it replaced??

if it doesn't... should I buy a replacement charger on ebay? they're like half the cost of apples..

2. 53x12 macrumors 68000

53x12

Yes warranty covers it. I have had to replace a charger for similar reasons before (MBP and iPhone) and the Apple store just went in the back and got me a new one without even looking up my info. Just go into your nearest store.

3. Antidoll thread starter macrumors regular

WOW! They change it even though the cable is worn out ???? Nice!

4. BlaqkAudio macrumors 6502

If you're still under warranty, you can get a free replacement from the Genius Bar if you make an appointment. Input your MBP's serial number here to check your warranty status. I believe all you have to bring is the charger minus the plug/extension cable and give them the email you registered your MBP under so they can check your warranty status

5. old-wiz macrumors G3

They can't very well replace the cable.

6. Hexley macrumors 6502a

How about chargers whose MBPros are out of warranty like the 2006 MBPro?

7. SDAVE macrumors 68040

SDAVE

Ebay, bet you can find a good deal on like new/used ones. Or from Apple (More $$)

It's just a charger, get a used one and save your money. I bought 2 from ebay, used in great condition for cheap and now I dont have to plug it in everytime, I just sit at those 2 locations and plug it in.