iPad Does wifi-only Ipad support these Apps?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by nsnarayan10, Oct 5, 2013.

1. nsnarayan10 macrumors member

Hello guys,I am considering buying the upcoming ipad 5,so my question is does the wifi-only ipad support apps such as Whats App,Tango,Viber and basically all those that need number activation?

Please help me out:)

2. rdy0329 macrumors 6502

Viber, yes. Just use your phone's mobile number. For Whatsapp, nope. It will say your device is not supported. Tango, no idea.

3. nsnarayan10 thread starter macrumors member

But,oh you mean for Viber,I have to use the number thats on my iphone 5?By merging it ipad it wont create any problem,right?

Some say whats App could be run without Jailbreaking,Can you clarify it,please?

Thank you so much for the reply!

4. rdy0329 macrumors 6502

I can't. I don't know how to force install whatsapp without jailbreaking. It looks like you have an iPhone anyway. I don't want to ask why you need your ipad to have messaging apps. The fact that there's no full screen iPad support means they're not designed for it.

For viber, I have the same account for mac and iPhone, no problems but I'm not sure of the iPhone/iPad combo. Best way to check is to borrow a friend's iPad or something.

5. Powermax macrumors regular

I have an iPad with 3G but it still doesn't work. Whatsapp is intended to be used with mobile phones only. No way to use it on an iPad without jailbreaking.
    Same goes for the iPod touch.