Does Windows 8 via BootCamp support gesture controls?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by comics addict, Mar 16, 2013.

1. comics addict macrumors 6502a

Just curios, now that Apple updated bootcamp drivers for compatibility with Win8, does it support gestures with the built-in multi-touch trackpads on portable Macs? I think this would be the main reason I would be interested in upgrading from my currently installed Win7 OS.:eek: Thanks for your time.

2. redcolumbia macrumors newbie

Nope. No change.

I just really want just ONE gesture--the two finger swipe that lets you move back and forth on internet pages for your browser. I hate moving the pointer to the back and forward buttons everytime.

I tried Trackpad++, but that is a really terrible implementation. very buggy, and it also conflicts with mouse settings so it really forces you to choose whether you want ideal mouse or trackpad settings.

3. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

:( A proper implementation would probably make Macs some very excellent W8 boxes. The trackpad in Mac notebooks is superb.

B

4. comics addict thread starter macrumors 6502a

Whoa, what a huge disappointment. :( Such a long wait and for what?

5. printz, Mar 18, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2013

printz macrumors regular

Use the backspace key.

Lack of trackpad gestures is no big loss for me, though. Most of the gestures would have gone into the underpowered mobile WinRT interface, such as loading the Start screen or switching between full-screen mobile apps. You'd probably waste your time playing with the gestures and the WinRT interface, instead of being productive.

Just use the Windows (Command) key for most of the window management, it's very comfortable to press. You'll enjoy all the little things you can't easily do in OS X (as far as I know...) with regards to window management.