Does Windows plant tenticles in non-Windows drives?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by kirkbross, Feb 20, 2008.

1. kirkbross macrumors 6502a

kirkbross

I just got my new mac pro last night and installed two Raptors and a 1TB for TM and also 6 GB of additional OWC RAM. Everything was fine until I installed Windows XP (Pro SP2) on one of the Raptors with Bootcamp. Argg. It's missing some .dll file.

Anyway, (when I get home tonight) I think I'm going to erase the non-working Windows drive and just use my PC when I want to use Windows.

I'm wondering though -- does Windows do anything at all to other drives in a system while it's installing itself? I'm paranoid that XP placed little system files on my other drives that might cause Leopard to act weird. This is pure speculation -- I haven't booted back into Leopard yet because I installed Windows at 3 am last night and when it didn't work I just went to bed, defeated.

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Windows can't read HFS+ drives, therefore you are safe.

TEG

3. OnePumpChump macrumors regular

OnePumpChump

Yer a strong, strong man. I couldn't do it. I'd have to stay up until it was working properly, and of course be a zombie the next morning at work.

4. siorai macrumors 6502

Lies. Microsoft tells you that Windows can't read HFS+. They even go so far as to make it appear that way if a user ever tries to access an HFS+ drive in Windows. In secret though, Windows does read/write HFS+. It does this to implant tentacle after tentacle onto every single drive, local or networked. Not big tentacles like some antideluvian squid though. Tiny, tiny tentacles like a box jellyfish might have, but even smaller. Microsoft feels that if people aren't willing to actually use Windows 100% of the time, they'll make their other OS experiences eventually just like Windows by installing secret system files everywhere until the OS blows up. Seriously. I would never lie about something like this. Really.