Does Windows really not have a menu search?!

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by motulist, May 30, 2019.

1. motulist macrumors 601

motulist

On Mac when you're in an app and you need to find a menu item, you just click help and there's a search box. I use this feature constantly.

I just switched to windows 10 and can't find this function. Does Windows really not have a way to search menu items?!?!

2. motulist thread starter macrumors 601

motulist

That's just a regular search of the computer, not a search of the current app's menu items.

3. Shirasaki macrumors G3

Shirasaki

I was about to say Listary, but that app may not search menu items consistently either... it does search menu items sometimes.
    Btw, Listary is a fantastic search tool. I love it.

4. motulist thread starter macrumors 601

motulist

I'm done. I gave windows almost a month of a try, but it's really not very good.

I went into the switch assuming windows in 2019 would probably be almost as good as Mac. I really *wanted* to like it. But after a month of dealing with it's kludginess there's just no avoiding the fact that it's a frustrating inelegant mess.

And I'm no apple zealot. A few years ago I gave Android a chance and found out that it was not only as good as iOS, but in fact Android is *better* than iOS. I switched to Android and never looked back. I expected something similar to happen with trying out windows, but it turned out to be the opposite.

Thank you for trying to help.