Does Xcode 3 update via Software Update?

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by balamw, Mar 28, 2011.

1. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

2. mif macrumors regular

3. chrfr macrumors 603

Sometimes updates do show up, but sometimes not. I haven't been able to determine the reasoning behind it.

4. monsieurpaul macrumors regular

I understand that for Xcode 4, the only way to update to 4.0.1 is to download the whole 4+ Gb version ?

5. balamw thread starter Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Thanks for confirming my my suspicions.

I've downloaded all of my updates to Xcode 3 from ADC as a full download, and have no intention of moving to Xcode 4 until Lion. I really wonder why it seems hit or miss via SU.

B

6. PatrickCocoa macrumors 6502a

Never

I've never had Software Update offer me an update for Xcode. This has been true for Xcode 2, Xcode 3, and now Xcode 4. For Xcode updates I've either received an e-mail from the Apple Developer program, heard about them on some forum, or noticed a new version when on the Apple Developer website.

Can someone confirm that they've received Xcode updates from Software Update? Screenshots would be nice. By Software Update I mean the main Software Update reachable via the apple logo on the main toolbar, not a "fine updates" from the help menu inside of Xcode itself.

I'd like to get Xcode updates via SU if possible.

7. mfram macrumors 65816

Yes, I am offered an update to XCode 3.2.6 (I think) by Software Update when I turn on my iMac. I keep telling it "No". I bought XCode 4 but haven't installed it on that machine yet.

8. pilotError macrumors 68020

pilotError

I got a software update for Xcode as well. Surprised me too, as I usually download the updates.