Does Yosemite have a classic visual theme option ?

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by DBZmusicboy01, Oct 14, 2014.

1. DBZmusicboy01 macrumors 6502a

Like mavericks look ?

and once Yosemite comes out...We can't downgrade at all ?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

There will be no classic theme a kin to what 10.9 looks like.

3. grahamperrin macrumors 601

grahamperrin

People have requested theming but I don't expect it to be in the release of Yosemite.

No downgrade.

You can, for example, restore from a backup of Mavericks; or erase Yosemite then install Mavericks.

4. leman macrumors 604

OS X never had theme support and I doubt it will ever have. A big issue with themes is that they mess up UI design and such design-conscious company as Apple is certainly averse to that. And besides, Yosemite already offers quite a lot personalisation with the desktop picture affecting the overall appearance of the OS.

5. campyguy macrumors 68030

Personally, I was never fond of the "look" of OS X from 10.4 on, and like Yosemite over its predecessors - because it's different.

Given that, I actually liked the unreleased OS 8/9 themes that I got my hands on at the time from a friend - "Paper" and "Drawing Board", and I also used Kaleidoscope. What I don't miss is the instability in any system extensions from that era...

So, on that note, check out "Flavours" (http://flavours.interacto.net/). When you wrote "classic", I was thinking "Classic" as in the Classic Mac OS as it was called 10-odd years ago. Flavours isn't free, but I saw that they've got a Drawing Board theme and I think I'll pull the trigger on it. Cheers!

6. phillytim macrumors 6502a

phillytim

I wouldn't think so; all the apps will have integrated new fonts, sliders, etc.

You could force change the system font to be pre-Yosemite, but then it will all look disjointed with the graphics.

We all just have to deal with the new look; like it or not. Give it a chance.