does your 3GS last you an entire day?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by kidwithdimples, Sep 11, 2010.

1. kidwithdimples macrumors 6502a

my push is set to hourly
    brightness is pretty low, too much hurts my eyes
    just installed 'Remove Background' which helps a lot
    I just play games, text, facebook, twitter once in a while.

at the end of the day i still have around 35% remaining.

what about you?

2. rc51aaron macrumors member

Im usually at 35-40% when i get home, after a 6am - 4:30pm day , normal usage nothing crazy..I remove background apps as well, i use auto 3G, I have lockinfo installed too, i think that it is helping alot, since i dont have to open the phone to check mail or texts, since its all on the lockscreen..

3. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

I'm pretty much the same as you guys. Charge to 100% overnight, work from 7:30-4 and by the time I get home, I've got around 45-50% battery left. I also don't have wifi access at work, so anything I do is through 3G. When I'm at home, I'm always connected to wifi.

rc51aaron, does Auto 3G seem to help with your battery life? I've been contemplating giving it a go.

4. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

i use mine A LOT during the day; email, web. schedule. noodling about...
    and get to about 35% percent (or less) by the end of the day.

i DEFINITELY had a longer battery life before jb'ing (but would not give up anything i now have... :D )

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

lots of informative threads already done about battery life. That woll provide lots of information on what sucks battery and what helps. Also how to Calibrate the battery.

6. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

I agree on calibrating the battery, labman. After jb'ing 4.0 this time, I noticed my battery life wasn't great (it wasn't AWFUL...but still wasn't anywhere near where it was before the jb). I did a calibration cycle and, what do you know? My battery life has been MUCH better. Still not up to the level it was before jb'ing (and I didn't expect it would be), but it definitely helps.

7. kidwithdimples thread starter macrumors 6502a

How do you calibrate the battery? Is it same as a mbp?

Use it until battery completely dies then leave it for a while then charge up to 100%?

8. rc51aaron macrumors member

I havent done any real testing yet