Does your 6S Plus Vibration Sound Funny?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by powerbook911, May 31, 2017.

1. powerbook911, May 31, 2017
    Last edited: May 31, 2017

powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

I had my 6S Plus replaced a few months back and the sound of the vibration keeps bothering me on the new one.

In a quiet room or if you hold it near your head, click the silent switch on the side near volume buttons, what does yours sound like?

Mine sounds like a bell. Very metal on metal type of sound, does not necessarily seem right. I do not have another 6S Plus to compare it too. 6 doesn't work to compare because it was before the taptic engine.

All other vibrations are normal, it's just this very short silent on/off vibration that gives it this clanky bell type sound.

I would love to hear what anyone else has noticed?

Thanks.

2. BrandonZ macrumors 6502

mine does this sometimes. If it smack it hard on my hand it will stop for a week or so. It is also a replacement from Apple.

3. freedomisle macrumors regular

Your Taptic Engine could be failing. 11 months in my Taptic Engine sounded as though it was loose, like you are describing. Does it also change as you rotate the phone?

I took it into an Apple Store and they said it was failing, they replaced the device as they didn't do repairs for Taptic engines.

4. powerbook911 thread starter macrumors 68040

powerbook911

Thank you for both replies above.

No, mine never changes. If you use the silent switch, the tin like or bell like vibration is always the same. Bigger vibrations like a phone call coming in sound normal.

I sure had hoped it was just an unpleasant first generation Taptic sound, but if that was the case I guess I would have noticed it on the 6S Plus I had nine months previous. Well, I will have to decide what to do.

5. freedomisle macrumors regular

Take it to an Apple Store, if it's under warranty they'll most likely replace it. If not they can inform you of the repair cost.

A failing Taptic Engine doesn't effect the functionality of your phone. You can actually disable the Taptic Engine by switching vibrating off under. Settings>General>Accessibility>Vibration.