Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jrok18

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2008
Do they have any new cases, screen protectors , Etc . My doesn't and im waiting for a case before i open my touch 2g which has been untouched in my closet collecting dust. Why didn't apple launch new accessory's with the new touch? Also the cases better not be to big or not fitted right for the touch 2g bc when i had my old touch every case was earthier too big(touch would fall out if it was upside down) or was a little in the way of the screen which was really annoying.

itsliz89

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2008
california
My local apple store doesn't have the cases yet. Last week I asked, normally, when new products come out, when do their complimentary products come out? The employee told me that cases should show up sometime this week, but I've seen nothing yet :[ It's a bummer. It would make sense to allow cases to be produced in advance and be released the same time as the ipod.

I was afraid to open my ipod at first without a case, but the ipod doesn't scratch as much as I thought it would.

iParis

macrumors 68040
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
The Apple store over where I live doesn't have anything and I've been constantly calling in.
They expect to get them in soon but never know what's going to come in their shipments.
If you are going to use your 2G before you get a case then be very careful not to scratch the gorgeous back.
Hopefully they have some cases when I go in to buy one on the 28th.

And in referrence to why they don't release them on the day of release is, Apple doens't make cases, third party companies to.
And the product has to be released/announced before the company starts to make cases/accessories so they know what dimensions and designs the product is going to have.
If Apple showed them the product and/or dimensions before it was released to make a case then it would most likely get leaked onto the internet.

MaxPower49

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2008
does besty buy have any of the other colors of that case? i'm not a big fan of the red, but i like some of the other colors.

quick5pnt0

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2008
I say just open it and use it. Worrying about scratching up the back is like putting plastic on your sofa so it doesn't get dirty. Sure it doesn't get dirty but nobody knows its not dirty because it has plastic on it. Same goes for the ipod. People will put it in some bulk leather case so it doesn't get scratched but then they never get to see it without the case. What is the sense of keeping it all pretty if you don't get to see it?

These things aren't collectors items. I say just use it and enjoy it. In a few years you'll be tossing it for an upgraded version anyway.

jrok18

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2008
I say just open it and use it. Worrying about scratching up the back is like putting plastic on your sofa so it doesn't get dirty. Sure it doesn't get dirty but nobody knows its not dirty because it has plastic on it. Same goes for the ipod. People will put it in some bulk leather case so it doesn't get scratched but then they never get to see it without the case. What is the sense of keeping it all pretty if you don't get to see it?

These things aren't collectors items. I say just use it and enjoy it. In a few years you'll be tossing it for an upgraded version anyway.

No i had the 1g touch and now that looks 5 years old and that's one reason why no one wants to buy it. O and that big crack has something to do with that too. I don't care about the back im just worried about dropping it and a case will protect it more.

iParis

macrumors 68040
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico

That's one of the reasons I'm going to get a clear hard plastic case.

jrok18

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2008
Does your apple store have them in yet? Im going right now to check(to lazy to call)

dakine85

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2008
i understand about not wanting to get it scratched...but don't wait too long to open and use your ipod...you want to make sure it is in good working condition within 14 days in case you need to return/exchange it.

if you're already past the 14 days, then i guess you can go with a little more waiting...

Traz

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2008
I was in a brand new Apple store yesterday & I am sure they had new 2g touch cases. I was looking at the Touch to purchase & was looking to see what they had for it. I didn't get the Touch there so I didn't pick a case yet. I also wanted to see what type people recommended so I decided to wait.
I ordered my ipod from Apple today.

Bladehntr

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2008
I got a Griffin hard case at Best Buy. Not bad, but i'm going to return it. I want an Incase Neoprene case like i had with my 1st gen. Touch. I sent Incase an email to find out when the new cases would be coming out, but they didn't know exactly when.

jrok18

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2008
i understand about not wanting to get it scratched...but don't wait too long to open and use your ipod...you want to make sure it is in good working condition within 14 days in case you need to return/exchange it.

if you're already past the 14 days, then i guess you can go with a little more waiting...

Its kinda hard to use it when my computer wont sync my ipod touch's anymore ever since i downloaded itunes 8.

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
Its kinda hard to use it when my computer wont sync my ipod touch's anymore ever since i downloaded itunes 8.

Hmm, something must be wrong with your setup or your computer's system software.

jrok18

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2008
Hmm, something must be wrong with your setup or your computer's system software.

I had never had a problem before itunes 8. Its getting really frustrating just looking at your new 2g touch and not be able to sync it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.