Does your Apple TV (4) Remote have these marks?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by powerbook911, Dec 4, 2015.

1. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

I have seen these marks on my Apple TV remote for a while and I keep wondering if it's design or a flaw in my remote. It felt silly asking, but I thought curiosity is going to kill me on this, I have to ask someone. ha.

If I look at either side of the remote, the long edge, you see the glass and the aluminum stacked on top of each other. In the middle of both sides of the remote, it's as though I can see through the glass and see several white marks. I'm not sure if it's clips or a flaw? They are white marks in the glass portion of the remote, on both long edges, they appear in the middle of the remote below the buttons that are on top of the glass obviously, they are on the edge below the buttons when you look at the side of the remote.

Does anyone else have these on their remote? Thank you. I'm just trying to figure out if Apple would truly design it for these to show to the customer or if I just got an odd remote?

2. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

My favorite game before entering posts like this is to play "Will They / Won't They Include Photos."

I was wrong. (You have an iPhone, take a picture and embed it.)

3. hollersoft macrumors member

As you pointed out, the top surface is made of glass. You're seeing internal reflections of the ambient light that comes in from the direction from which you're looking and reflects off both the button cutouts, back at you like a funhouse mirror.

4. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

If it can't be photographed and doesn't affect usage, when it comes to marks on a TV remote control, I'd say there's not much of an issue.

People really need to stop regarding every single Apple product like it's a $1000 luxury item. Not everything they make warrants intense scrutiny.

5. powerbook911 thread starter macrumors 68040

powerbook911

Many thanks to hollersoft for the confirmation. I appreciate it.

I'm sure it can be photographed. I knew the question would annoy some, it might even annoy me if I found in the forums, but curiosity got the best of me and I just had to find out if they are have this phenomenon. I do apologize.

Oddly enough my remote actually came flawless unlike some of my $1000+ Apple products.