Does your battery die quickly?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ozreth, Dec 16, 2009.

1. ozreth macrumors 65816

ozreth

Ive got the newest 15 inch aluminum. My battery was %100, after about an hour and a half of simple web browsing I am all of a sudden at a little under half battery. Whats the deal?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Have you calibrated your battery? It could be giving you an inaccurate reading, if you haven't.

3. ozreth thread starter macrumors 65816

ozreth

Not exactly, Ive let it die a few times, but not following that precise routine. Ill give it a shot though. Ive had this computer for a few months now, hope its not too late. Thanks!

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

5. baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

I have the newest 17" MBP and consistently get about 7-8 hours on a charge. I noted this from the very beginning. I've had it now for about 3 months. I have multiple apps running including web browsing. Of course, when I use Final Cut Studio to edit a piece or do foley work, battery life is shorten. In this case I simply leave it plugged in. I would suggest returning yours to Apple to have them look at it.

6. dcdude macrumors member

i have an early 09 uMBP(old battery) and I get about 4.5 hours while watching a movie on mid to low brightness, wireless off. about the same browsing the internet on low brightness with wireless on.