Does your blue dot occasionally get "stuck?"

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by bmclaurin, Oct 16, 2013.

1. bmclaurin macrumors member

bmclaurin

I've been noticing that the blue dot location marker in iOS 7 maps occasionally gets "stuck" and doesn't update it's location. This happens on my iPhone 4S and iPad 4, so far on all versions of iOS 7 (currently both devices are on 7.0.2). I can't make it happen at will, but just about every time I use Maps to navigate while driving, at some point during my drive, I will glance down at the map, and I will notice that the blue dot is "stuck" at the intersection several blocks behind me. If I then tap and slightly drag the map, the dot will quickly jump to life and snap to my correct location. I don't recall seeing this while using the 3D turn-by-turn view, but it frequently happens while either in Overview view or when viewing the map while not using turn-by-turn. Is anyone else experiencing this?

2. scoop2mylue macrumors 6502a

scoop2mylue

3. Mikec1701 macrumors newbie

Yes, the same thing happens to me just as described. On an iPhone 5 using iOS 7.0.2. It's really annoying as in an unfamiliar area it has sometimes resultsed in missing a turn. I've searched through Settings looking for anything that may affect this behavior (background app refresh?) and havent found anything that makes a difference. I never encountered this before updating to iOS 7 despite using Apple Maps just as much.