Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adztaylor

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2009
Preston, UK
The white Apple bumper protected my phone when I dropped it lol. Dropped mine on the corner of the jagged ground, not a single scratch or dint on the phone but took a massive chunk out of the bumper. It isn't the most protective thing in the world but protected my phone then haha.

draz

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2010
It really depends on what part of the phone takes the most impact from the fall.

The bigger the material that is placed on the phone the less of an impact the phone feels. Slapping an Otterbox Defender on there is prob as best you can get, if you like a big bulky phone. Putting an Invisible Shield Max Protection everywhere on it is the least you can do but if it falls the shield wouldn't protect much. There are soft silicone cases and hard ones, each offer their own protection during a fall.... But it is what you like and how careful you are with your phone.

Just be careful and the phone will last.

Hype2k2

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2010
Houston, Texas
Otterbox Defender, and I've made the mistake of telling how durable it is to friends, and them getting the idea to test my phone themselves... My iPhone still works, so it's good.

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Jul 19, 2010
I dropped mine on our pebble-rock floor in our patio. The case got chipped, but my iPhone has no scratches or dents or anything. I'm using the Clear Belkin case from the free case program.

kingdLo

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2009
I've dropped mine several times while working onto a metal surface(only about a 1-2 ft drop at most) and it's come back perfect every time. It even survived a flat fall directly onto the LCD. I only rock screen protectors on both sides.

ikaveh

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2008
here
I havent used any but watched some reviews on youtube
if you dont mind a bulky case your best choice would be speck candyshell. its a little bit thick and heavy though.

AaronE

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2006
North Carolina
Dropped mine the other night on pavement from like 5 feet up. Had the bumper on it, but the phone still chipped in a few places on the plastic piece between the bezel and screen.

The bumper still managed to protect the screen and everything else so I'm happy.

Evacity

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2009
Forgot my phone on my hood. Drove home which was about a mile, when i put on the brakes to slow down in to the driveway, the phone went flying. Only problem is a scuff in the bumper and a torn BSE.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.