Does your CC not get charged till your order is shipped?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Greenhoe, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Greenhoe macrumors regular

Hi,
    I order my MP a couple days ago and I received the Apple Store Order Acknowledgment email, although I haven't had my Credit Card charged yet. I had a custom config and was wondering do they not charge me until they ship my machine?

Or have thy just not started processing my custom config yet and I'll get charged once they start processing my order and building my machine?

2. Cliff3 macrumors 65816

Cliff3

Retailers aren't supposed to charge your card until the order ships.

3. xsoniccrackersx macrumors newbie

xsoniccrackersx

To check to see if your credit card is valid and belongs to you they will charge you a $1.00 authorization charge. Other than that the full amount is not taken out until the order ships. They will charge you 'pending' fees if your credit is high enough and your credit card company lets the "large payment" through. I spent quite a lot of time on the phone with apple due to a canceled order and these 'pending' fees (that were of the almost $8000 I spent) that I could not get released off my credit card account until apple called them up and told them to release it. My order wasn't even 5 minutes old when these charges occurred. These are all pending though, they never took the money out.