Does your early 09 Mac Pro CPU fans ramp up in Windows?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by AppleWorking, Jul 16, 2009.

1. AppleWorking macrumors regular

I just noticed that my 2009 MP 2.66 Quad does not adjust the fans when in windows vista 32. The CPU cores are reaching 85c at times (running 3D Mark) and the CPU Fan remains largely the same (only moves a few rpms up or down over the stock 856 rpm). It seems the only way to get the fans to ramp up is to boost the fans in OSX and immediately restart into windows. The fan speed will now stay ramped, but still only fluctuating a few rpms up or down.

I just installed the GTX 285, so I don't know if this is the problem? I had the ATI 4870 in there and I never did bother to take a look at the CPU fan speed until now. So I don't really know if I always had this problem, or if this is something that just developed by installing the GTX.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Does anyone know of a fix for it?

Thanks

2. amcquaid macrumors newbie

I have the latest mac unibody 15 inch macbook pro. I am running windows 7 RC1. I see that my fans doen't even seem to come on until the box hits 80C. After that they seem to come on. I talked to Apple and they told me that there was not way to adjust the fan speed in EFI. They also told me that it was a windows problem because windows doesn't know how to hook into the EFI. Then they told me that bootcamp was a "nice feature" and that they were not in the business of making windows run on their hardware.

Has anybody else found a solution to this issue?

3. harlinator macrumors member

Well their right! Don't buy a Mac if you want to run windows bro! It's for doing little things like looking @ windows only format files not for any serious work... hell, you have OS X for the real stuff!
    Why anyone would whine about why windows runs like **** on a Mac is beyond comprehension... same goes with OS X on PC's! It's NOT supposed to work well for a reason... hello!
    You all get this analogy that a computer is just a computer as long as it has an Intel processor in it... well, YOU ARE WRONG! Hope you burn it up!