All iPads Does your iPad Air have a reddish tint when you tilt it?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by STiNG Operation, Jan 23, 2014.

1. STiNG Operation macrumors 6502a

STiNG Operation

Just a quick question for any iPad air owners that would like to respond.

In low light or dark rooms if I tilt my ipad air forward and down a little bit on the top right corner you can see slightly see a red tint start to go over the screen. This only on black or dark color backgrounds.

Is this a normal effect of the pixels when viewed from that kind of angle? It's not a very noticeable issue but I would like to know if your iPad does the same thing. Thank you to those that reply.

The colors are perfectly fine and no red tint or even yellow tint occurs unless you tilt it this way with a dark background in low light. The other corners show the same effect but not as much as the top right corner.

ie: I noticed while watching a tv show on netflix and my ipad air was at an angle.

2. STiNG Operation thread starter macrumors 6502a

STiNG Operation

Will the person that liked my post please share. Haha.

3. Infinite Jest macrumors 6502

I went the through numerous airs before giving up and sticking with my iPad 3, but I noticed all of them had the reddish glow of dark colors in a dark room, especially at an angle. It must be a property of the panels used I the air because my 3rd Gen doesn't exhibit this.

4. luckylisp macrumors 6502

5. STiNG Operation thread starter macrumors 6502a

STiNG Operation

Thanks for the comment. Try it in a dark room and have a black background then check each corner at an angle. (unless you already did that)

6. runormal macrumors newbie

runormal

I also have a very very mild pinkishness in one corner at low level brightness black screen but doesn't bother me. I think it might be some form of backlight bleeding but not sure ....