Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 15, 2013
New York
So my iPad 3rd gen. Sometimes will just start making weird sounds. Like the lock sound will be longer then normal but sound sorta like a radio but messed up. No sound will sound the way it should. It only goes away when I turn off my iPad. It's really weird but I think it's just iOS 7 cuz it didn't happen before iOS 7 never. I'm using iOS 7.0.4 does this ever happen to you
Thank you for your response.

knguye11

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2008
I have my rmini for one week now. Experience no wired sounds. Try to a reset see if that helps.

PM-Performance

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2012
My 4th gen keyboard sounds get staticky sometimes.
Hasn't done it in awhile though.
Did it right when I got it.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 15, 2013
New York
There are several resets available. Did you hold down the power button along with the home button until the iPad rebooted? That resets the iPad hardware.

Yeah every day sometime more then once. I do this cuz my wifi is so bad that when I do that it speeds things up the smallest bit but I still do it.

v0lume4

macrumors 68020
Jul 28, 2012
My lock sounds have messed up before on my iPhone 5, yes. But that's about it as far as weird sounds are concerned. Like, it'll sound like the reverb that's on the new iOS 7 lock sound messes up.

Actually, while typing this I thought id point out--many iOS 7 sounds and notification sounds have reverb (echo) on them now. If you didn't know, that may explain it.

kevbot555

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2015
So my iPad 3rd gen. Sometimes will just start making weird sounds. Like the lock sound will be longer then normal but sound sorta like a radio but messed up. No sound will sound the way it should. It only goes away when I turn off my iPad. It's really weird but I think it's just iOS 7 cuz it didn't happen before iOS 7 never. I'm using iOS 7.0.4 does this ever happen to you
Thank you for your response.

YES! My iPad Mini started making these horrible noises that make it sound like your speakers are blown, but even when I plug it in to other speakers or use bluetooth speakers, the audio is still horribly distorted. No matter what I do, even reseting it or powering off, it doesn't fix the problem for me and I know the EXACT sound you are talking about with the lock screen.

Also, I'm very frustrated reading these horrible responses on the thread. people are just saying that it never happens or just telling you to restart your iPad. I'm pretty sure any logical human being who is smart enough to ask about the problem in a thread is going to know how to reset their iPad.

Reactions: The Doctor11
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.